Awareness and Action
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Know building and room exits and evacuation routes
- For faculty, add response information to your syllabus
- Talk to new employees during employee orientation
If an event does occur on campus, you may be required to take immediate action. Here are some things to consider:
- Quickly assess the situation.
- Call Public Safety at 255-3111 or 911.
- Evacuate or shelter in place based on the situation.
- For more in-depth discussion of what you should do personally in a violent situation, follow this link to view the video “Shots Fired – When Lightning Strikes On Campus.”